Thursday, January 7, 2010
YEAH
So when I started exercising I was walking 4 miles a day with a pace of 4 mph. I was pleased with that and I had always lost weight easily before with this approach. However, I kept listening to my two daughters talk about their running (one of them is Robyn in this comp) so decided I would try it. I knew I needed the extra boost because my weight was coming off so slow. Well, I am still not losing any faster but I am sooo proud of myself. When I started running all I could do was 2-3 minutes. I ran 2 miles today! This is such an accomplishment for me! I still walk when I am done running until I reach 60 min...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
2 miles?! THAT IS AMAZING!! You are so going to be running the boulder boulder with us! ;o) LOVE IT!!
Oh that is sooo amazing! I love to see these positive success stories!
This is a great accomplishment!
And I didn't realize Robyn was your daughter! I feel kind of DUH!
That's great! What did you do to build up to the running? I'd like to run, but I do my walk/running outside and I'm not exactly sure what run goals I should set for myself.
Good for you!!! I am running about 1.3 miles right now. I want to up it to 2 miles by next week! And gradually have it grow!! Keep it up!
Thanks everyone! I thought I was too old to run. lol
Hey Jewel - that is funny. She is my oldest of six kids. It has been fun to work on our weight together even though we live in different states.
Grace, I up my distance by 1/4 mile each week. Some days I don't think I will make it but I haven't died yet. :)
that is fantastic... keep increasing and soon you'll be running 5 K's with kari and the rest of them. :0)
isn't it nice that I am such an inspiration to you!!!! Just kidding, that is just what happens when I drag you to the gym every time you come visit. We will defin definitely ently be going tomorrow
Post a Comment