Friday, January 1, 2010

My Final Results





Sep 187.4
Oct 183.6
Nov 179.0
Dec 175.2
Jan 172.6
Total comp weight loss = 14.8 lbs
Avg monthly loss = 3.7 lbs
My goal when I started was to lose 4-5 lbs monthly but after I started I realized I would be more like 3 lbs per month. I did the before and after pics and I can see the loss in my butt and stomach but the loss is not enough for others to really notice. I lost my job in March of this year and immediately gained 20 lbs from stress - weighed 190 lbs. I still have a few pounds to go before I have taken this weight back off. My weigh loss may not really show but I have made some great changes during this competition. I started exercising regularly again. I have started running a little too. When I first started running I could only do 2-3 min at a time. Yesterday I ran 1.75 miles at 5 mph. This is a huge imporvement for me. I still walk too. I try to get a total of 4 miles in for my exercise. The other thing I have done is start couting my calories. I am not as consistent as I should be but I have done it enough to realize how many calories I was consuming from fast food.
This comp has been fun and effective. Thank you so much to those who sponsored it! And thanks so much to all of you for your continued support! Good luck to everyone and I am looking forward to staying in touch with those of you who are starting the next one. :)

5 comments:

M and A said...

congrats on a loss in december! it is hard work! way to go!

Jewel said...

Great job Ellura! I thought the same...that I would lose about 4-5 pounds per month and also ended up losing 14 pounds over the four months (my scale doesn't way in tenths though so I am rounded to whole numbers!)

This comp was very motivating and great support....glad to see you started running! These wonderful ladies made me want to run too (although I didn't actually DO it like you did!!)

Spitfire said...

Thanks Ellura. I really appreciate all your kind words of support. I love reading them. I think you've done wonderfully, and starting new healthy habits is a great thing to have come from the competition. I hope you continue to blog, I'd love to follow your continuing journey too. :o)

Karilynn said...

WOW!! Did I read that right? you lost 15 lbs in 4 months OVER THE HOLIDAYS while doing school? LOVE THIS! Congrats on your loss this month and on running and everything else you are doing. Can't wait to continue on this journey with you! :o)

rochelle said...

Ellura, 15 pounds ove the holidays is so awesome! Way to go! Thanks for your thoughtful comments on my blog. They always made my day!