Tuesday, September 8, 2009

first week

okay, so I did my weekly weigh-in today - I'm down 2.4 lbs. I have been sitting on this number for about 5 days now. I felt pretty good about the week. I only got 4 good days of exercise in but I have gone from a 30-min walk to an hour walk. I had 3 diet pepsi's this week which is an improvment for me - it is usually 2-3 a day. My husband was around for the 3 day weekend and I struggled more when he was home - but I still feel okay about my week. I checked out a few other blogs and it was a lttle discouraging for me. I will have to work hard to concentrate on my own progress and not compare myself to everyone else. It is difficult to see much lower weights and quicker results. My main goal of course is to lose weight and improve my health, but in the process I want to change my daily habits so it becomes a way of life. In saying this I realize that it has to be something that is sustainable for me in the long term.

Looking forward to week two!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

2.4 lbs in a week is awesome! There is no need to compare yourself to anyone... even though I know it is hard not to. Find something that works for you and stick to it. Just think if you continued losing even 2lbs a week where you would be in 4 months :)

Melissa Davis said...

Well it sounds like you are doing great! I think it's the little things (like walks and slowing down on something you normally have a lot of) that makes the weight loss happen! Good job!

Karilynn said...

Congrats on a loss! That's awesome! It is hard when you start to compare your progress to others. Just remember that this is a 4 month competition and you will have plenty of time to catch up! The first week always seems to fly for some while others are just losing at a slower rate. i think this may be due to the fact that some women WAY SPLURGED the last little bit before the comp started just cause they knew it would be. LOL! It seems like when you gain 5 lbs in a week, those 5 lbs fall off pretty easily. The rest of the month will be telling! Congrats on surviving week one! Can't wait to see your week 2 results! ;o)

Christen Farmer said...

i wouldn't worry so much about comparing yourself.. it sounds like you're doing all the right things, and it's showing on the scales, so just keep up what you're doing and it will pay off in the long run.

Sarah said...

Great Job Ellura! You are doing fine and just ignore the comparisons! Focus on being healthy and not everything else.

rochelle said...

Ellura, it's good to be proud of 2.4 pounds...especially in the first week! I'm totally with you when my husband is home, too. I find it harder to eat healthy when he's there asking for me to make cookies, or wants to go out for fast food. Luckily, lots of places have healthy options now. I really like that you're keeping a journal. Between that and the motivation of all these lovely ladies cheering you on, I think you'll be surprised at your results. I lost 24 pounds on the last contest. You can do it! Good luck!