Thursday, September 3, 2009

Okay, I cringed when I stepped on the scale for my first weigh-in. My starting weight is 187.4 - yikes! (way higher than any pregnancy weights and this makes two of me if you consider my pre-baby days) I think this weekend I will do the before pics - it might be fun to see the results after 4 months.

My goals are pretty simple. I am not following a specific plan but that may change later.
1. Exercise every day - even if only for 10-15 min. Get in 4-5 good workouts a week (45-60 min). Mostly in the form of walking and aerobics.
2. Stay low on refined carbs and fat. Eat 4-5 cups of veggies/fruits a day
3. Snacking is okay IF I am hungry
4. Drink at least 6 cups of water a day
5. my weight goal is to lose 50 pounds - that sounds like so much it scares me!!!!!

I have started a food journal where I record not only what I am eating, but also my exercise, water intake, and weight each day.

Okay, so this is the plan. I've done it before and know what needs to be done. My biggest problem has always been the motivation. It is easy to stay motivated at the beginning but sometimes it is harder after the first few weeks. I am hoping this group will be a great help with this part of the weight-loss process. We all really want to do this so hopefully we can encourage each other so that we can all make some great progress. I don't think it is possible for me to lose all the weight I need to lose in such a short time but it should help me make some significant progress.

Good luck to you all. Here is hoping for a fun and rewarding journey!

3 comments:

Jewel said...

Hi Ellure! I am new to the group.

I also want to lose 50 pounds and am close to your starting weight at 184 pounds. I hope to lose 20 pounds over the course of the challenge.

Looking forward to losing with you!

Vicki said...

It definitely does help to have the group after the initial motivation dies down... it still gets harder... but it is great to have the competition to remind you.

That is great that there is another WA gal in the comp! I am in Maple Valley and my hubby works in Renton.

That is great that your daughter is training for a 1/2 marathon... I just ran the Seattle Rock n' Roll half in June... I thought I would have my oldest ride bikes while I ran this summer, but I never was on top of things... now that school is back in it is easy to drop her off and push the other 2 in the stroller.

Karilynn said...

Ellura! Your plan looks great! Just a thought... I'm going to be running a half in Loveland in November, Elise is going to do the 10k I think, there is also a 5k! I would love it if you would join us for the event! Even if you are doing a run/walk combo on the 5k it would be AWESOME!!