This week I did not even think about weight loss. I got in some physical activity but not as much as I wanted. I went to the mountains twice and did a pretty good hike one day and a small one the next time. I had kids with me so could not do as much, but still, it was better than nothing. I got in one day at the gym. This week was spent finishing up projects, speeches, and finals for the semester and am glad that I got through it without another gain. I took lots of pics at the mountains and was pretty disgusted wtih the ones of me. I have to admit, I have been a bit of a fence sitter lately - not sure how badly I want to do this again. I spent an entire year working hard and lost 25 pounds. It felt great and I looked soooo much better. But then in a few months time, I put most of it back on. I guess right now I would like to give up but I keep posting weekly and weighing weekly so I guess I am not ready to give up. But I am obviously not sure how to proceed either. Snall goals or try to do a total change? I can't help but get a little scared either because of the medical problems that run in my family. I guess I am thinking out loud right now. I think I will pick a goal and work hard at it for one month. Then when I feel like I have mastered it, then move to another one. It can't be any worse than what I am doing and it is not such a daunting task when I look at it that way!
Goal for August - SNACKING - no more snacking if I am not hungry. If I am hungry, I will eat something nutririous.
This is probably my biggest down fall and it should be one of the easiest to master. Here is wishing me luck in August!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck in August! :0) I totally know how it is to feel like giving up. BUT DON'T. You worked so hard to lose that 25 but that's not the important part. i do'nt think it matters as much keeping the weight off but holding on to how you felt when you were down. Health and wellness are the important part of this whole adventure. It sounds to me like you're moving (with the hiking and the gym and all) so just keep that up! As far as food goes i think that setting a montly goal is an excellent idea. You may find that if you break it down to a daily goal you will not lose sight of it. sometimes if your goals are to far out then you mess up one day you will throw the whole month away. if you have an off day then let that day go and move forward. This is what i really need to work on so that is my goal for August.
Good luck Ellura! Hope you have an awesome August!!!
Post a Comment