Today, the plan was to eat right, look for the clean eating book, watch my food portions, 30 min on the treadmill, and drink my water. My food intake was pretty good, 3 nutritous meals with a mid morning and mid afternoon snack - good portions too. Found the clean eating book and read some of it. Drank my 8 glasses of water - I guess it should be 10 for my weight. We'll see if I can get that much down tomorrow. I didn't get on the treadmill tonight. My daughter and her son just moved in and are sleeping downstairs so the treadmill late at night when my grandson is sleeping will not work. Without being able to use the treadmill I decided to put in an arobics CD upstairs. However, when we switched out TVs, everything got disconnected - no DVD player. (sigh) Tomorrow, I will get it all done. I am helping my daughter finish moving all her stuff so I will have to be prepared. No fast food! The book talks about filling a cooler every day when you are out and about. I like that idea, but don't know if I have anything "clean" to fill it with - I don't know if I have any food to put in it. really need to go shopping. Tomorrow I will see how I do with the new plan. I haven't read the whole book but I have the basic understanding of the program.
Thanks for all your positive comments. I was so discouraged today and I found the comments very inspiring. I can't really give up when I have so many people rooting for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hooray for Kari moving back in!!!!!!!!! How many more months is this semester? Seriously this was why I didn't mind getting a lower grade when I took calc, and you know me, I had good grades through all of my other hard classes :) Maybe you should see if the gym on campus has some treadmills for the days you go to the mathlab
I forgot about the gym at Aims. I will check that out this week.
Ellura, I totally get where you're coming from with the frustration of not getting through just one day. i was facing that dilemma myself so much lately. I was trying to set goals very specific goals to work toward my goal and kept beating my head against the wall. I was frustrated by the fact I couldn’t seem to get just one day right and I was thinking about setting a goal for a whole week. UGH! Finally I called up Karilynn and talked through the whole thing with her. I decided in the end that I had to set that goal for the week and that I would reach it. If I set the goal for 1 day then didn’t make it I kept telling myself that there was always tomorrow… always tomorrow. I realized that tomorrow never comes. By extending my goal from 1 day to one week it eliminates the option of waiting for tomorrow to get a day right, because today and tomorrow are both in my goal range. Know what I mean? Anyway, just some of the stuff I’ve been working through. It seems like it’s a great thing that your daughter is moving back in. I don’t know that whole situation but I hope it’s all for the best. When my baby is sleeping (or my husband) I like to do some simple resistance exercises in my living room. Squats, lunges, calf raises etc. Or get a couple weights (cans of soup if that’s your only option) and run through some upper body exercises, bicep curls stuff like that. Something is better than nothing and no electronic equipment needed. Good luck with the move and the rest of this week!
Something is better than nothing and you did a lot of good yesterday. Deal with the hiccups and you will be fine.
Post a Comment