Saturday, February 20, 2010

Today I am just rambling

My food intake was good again yesterday. Haven't been as great with the exercise as I wanted and that will get more challenging starting next week. I will be doing day care full time - 5:30 am to 3:00 ish. Also I now have my 18 month old grandson living with us. Between that and school, I will have to figure it out. I am staying on track with my food but it hasn't been easy. It is very hard for me to stay out of the sugar. My husband has a crazy job and works about 75 hours in a 5 day work week. Because they have no lunch break he doesn't always get to eat a real lunch and many times only grabs snacks on the run, so we have more junk food around than normal - cookies, candy, hostess treats, snack size puddings, etc. When I buy his snacks I divide them up into serving sizes and put them in freezer bags and then put them in a large plastic storage container so they are out of site. That helps both of us. It makes his lunch easy to prepare and makes it easier for me to stay out of them. I'm not sure why I have had such a hard time with sugar lately, I haven't had problems with it for a long time. Fast food is another one that is difficult for me. I totally love fast food - I am a whooper jr addict. :) When I am busy with school I will sometimes drive through when I haven't had time to cook. I started ordering the kids meals and that was an improvement but not a good solution. I usually hit Mc Donalds, or something similar, once a week. Since I started this eating clean I followed her suggestion about the cooler - well, not for every day but for when I am on the run. It worked great. Plus I went shopping and bought fruits and veggies. I also cut up the veggies and put them in plastic containers in the fridge so they are easy to grab. We'll see if that works for me. This weekend will be a challenge. I have tons of homework and one on line test, plus I need to get ready for a calculus test on Monday. We are also celebrating my daughter in laws birthday. Birthdays will be difficult for me - with six kids, their significant others, and 13 grandkids, the birthdays come pretty often. We usually do a big get together with tons of food and of course the cake and ice cream. Anyway, enough rambling for today. I was still down today. YEAH!!!!! Finally more than one day in the 160s. I was down a whole .2 pounds from yesterday - yes, I am excited about 2 tenths of a pound! I am finally in the 160's to stay. Now it is the fight for the 150s. It is soooo nice to be making progress again.

1 comment:

Karilynn said...

YAY!!! Goodbye 170's FOREVER!! :o)