I am struggling with sugar again. I have had sugar for three days in a row. However, I have not eaten anymore girlscout cookies. Plus we have some fab ice cream in the freezer and I haven't touched it. I was a little late getting dinner ready and I was starving and had a fun size snickers bar. Not really too many calories but I am disappointed that I am craving sugar again. Today I wore a dress that hasn't fit me for several years. In fact it was looser on me than when I bought it. It is really a nice feeling. I got a little exercise in today and my food choices (except for the snickers) was great today. (sigh) the never ending battle... My scale has been stuck for about a week now. I am really disapointed - I would really like to see it move soon!
Okay, I just looked at the challenge and it is just what I need. I am going for it this week! I have been awesome with the water. The food in general is not too bad and this challenge should help me with my sugar cravings. So my big obsticle is the exercise and that is my personal goal for the week anyway. Come on scale - move on down!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I TOTALLY get that! Sugar is my weakness too! I've been in a seperate challenge with my two best friends since the 10th of January, and most of those weeks, had one or maybe two things that had sugar in them (besides the fruit and fruit juice that is part of my menu), and oftentimes that one thing was coffee with vanilla creamer in it! I was doing really well, but last week, I had a candy bar on Sunday, pancakes with syrup on Thursday evening, and pie and ice cream on Saturday, and then last night I had chocolate cook and serve pudding! i also bought my favorite ice cream, which I really should NOT have, but i did managed to refrain from eating that whole container last night, but it was tough! I dont know why the sugar cravings have attacked so fiercely lately, but I gotta get the smackdown on them, cuz that is just NOT ok! I'm gonna work on those sugar cravings with you, cuz I know we can both do it! thanks for posting about this issue this week, cuz its definitely been a big one for me!
Kay.. so in my PT studying I've found some interesting info on breaking plateaus... increase you calories... like eat an extra 200-300 calories a day of GOOD FOOD!! It revs up your metabolism. In fact you might find that that snicker was the ticket and start seeing loss again. I noticed this trend when I was losing weight.. I would get so bugged that I was plateauing that I would make a few extra food choices and then the scale would start going down again! It's insane... but I totally buy it!
Keep on keepin' on!!
Post a Comment